Federation of Master Builders membership
We’re proud members of the Federation of Master Builders, and one of only a few membership firms in Cumbria. Their code of Practice sets out the standard practices expected of the best builders in the industry and we always work to meet, if not exceed, them.
What you can expect from us as members of the Federation of Master Builders:
- We will work with integrity and duty of care and fulfil all contractual requirements.
- We will provide the estimated or quoted price of the job, detail what’s included in the price, when you can expect work to start and finish, and whether the planning office or Local Authority Building Control need to be notified and if so who will contact them.
- We will confirm whether the work is covered by an insurance-backed warranty.
- We will make our payment terms clear, including requirements for deposits and any staged payments.
- We will brief you regularly on progress.
- We will develop a good working relationship with you and anyone representing you.
- We will let you know if we discover unforeseen problems or delays as early as possible.
- We will confirm any changes to work specified or extra costs that we agree before such work begins.
- We will supply samples of materials and fittings for approval as required.
- We will ensure our employees and subcontractors work as we do and that the site is safe, clean and a healthy working environment.
- We will take responsibility for all work undertaken on the site by us or our appointed sub contractors.
- We will leave the site clean, tidy and ready for use.
- We will dispose of any waste appropriately.
- We will provide any relevant guarantees or work completion certificates and brief you about any relevant maintenance or operational requirements or issues.
- We will agree a return date with the client to complete any defects or “snagging” which may have arisen during an agreed period within the contract.
It all sounds very official, but it basically amounts to clear reassurance that we are professional, expert and trustworthy. Please also see our awards page for recent accolades presented to us by the FMB.